Happy St. Patrick’s Day! We’ve rounded up some of our favorite recipes for this holiday, thanks to SkinnyTaste.com!
- baking spray
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp chilled butter
- 1 cup 1% buttermilk
- 3 tbsp honey or agave
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 oz raisins, about 2/3 cup
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray muffin tin with baking spray.
In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt). Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
In a small bowl, stir together buttermilk, honey (or agave) and egg until blended.
Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in raisins.
Spoon batter into prepared pan.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
Remove tin and cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes before removing muffins from tin; finish cooling on rack.
Serve warm or cool completely and store muffins in an airtight container or ziplock bags at room temperature.
- 2 pounds trimmed, lean corned beef brisket
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 tsp whole peppercorns
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
Place the corned beef brisket, carrots, pearl onions, parsley, bay leaves and peppercorns in the Instant pot and add 3 cups of water.
Cover and cook on high pressure 1 1/2 hours. Natural release then open.
Add the cabbage to the top, cover and cook on high pressure 3 minutes, quick release.
Remove meat and slice into 6 pieces.
- 1-1/2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, diced
- 3/4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, diced
- 10 oz frozen mixed vegetables, carrots, corn, peas, green beans, baby lima beans
- 2 tbsp flour, or use GF flour
- 1 cup fat free beef broth
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp freshly chopped thyme leaves
- kosher salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes in a medium pot of salted water until cooked and soft.
Drain and mash with chicken broth, sour cream, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, set aside.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large saute pan brown meat over medium high heat, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Season with 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste.
When cooked, set aside on a plate.
Add the oil, onion, garlic, mushrooms and celery and sauté on medium heat about 6 to 8 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
Add the flour, frozen vegetables, beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, thyme, cooked meat and mix well. Simmer on low about 8-10 minutes.
Spread the meat on the bottom of casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with paprika
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, then place under the broiler 1 to 2 minutes until the potatoes turn golden.
Remove from oven and let it cool 5 minutes before serving.