I am still trying to eat less red meat and eat more fish so this week will be a spicy salsa cod dish, chicken sausage and broccoli rabe and cilantro lime turkey meatballs. Making three dishes this week so we have leftovers and can add the meatballs to salads.
Hard boiled eggs for breakfast, my husband was getting sick of the frittata but I think he just didn’t like all the veggies I filled it with! I didn’t mind it especially with a little avocado on top! Green smoothies as well, added some wheat grass and broccoli sprouts this week, definitely tastes more earthy, but hey it is Earth Day! Earth week since we have the Beach Clean Up this Saturday!
Cilantro Lime Turkey Meatballs
Very simple and very tasty.
-2lb of ground turkey meat
-3 limes juiced
-little salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 450. Mix all the ingredients together and form medium size meatballs. Baked 10 minutes on each side. This made two cookie trays on meatballs so we will have them all week. I will make a spaghetti squash and have them with squash and sauce one night. Leftovers from that and can heat them and add to salads for my lunches!
Chopped Sausage and Broccoli Rabe
Whole foods had this chopped Chicken Sausage with feta and spinach in the meat case and it sounded great, so I got that and added Broccoli rabe to it for another quick meal!
-1lb of ground chicken sausage (can do links and also doesn’t need to have the feta and spinach in it, I just never saw this kind before so wanted to give it a try!) If you buy the links just slice them up, thats what I normally use for this meal.
-2 packages of frozen broccoli rabe (I usually buy fresh and cut it up but WF was low on everything after a busy Easter weekend!)
-Salt and Pepper
Put the stove on medium and heat up some olive oil then added the chopped meat. Cooked that till all sides were brown and then added the broccoli rabe. Mixed it all together and added a little salt and pepper! Thats it!
Spicy Code with Peach Nectarine Salsa
Finally I needed to take a recipe from someone else. But Paleomg is just like me, as simple and as quick as possible!
For the peach nectarine salsa
- 1 peach, pitted and diced
- 1 nectarine, pitted and diced
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- pinch of salt, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons of ghee
- 4 pieces of cod
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fine himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- First, make salsa. Place all ingredients in a medium bowl, mix, taste to see if extra salt is needed. Place in fridge to keep cool while you make the cod.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle each piece of cod with paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and cumin on both side. Once pan is very hot, add cod to pan and cook on both sides for 3-4 minutes, until flaky but not overcooked.
- Top each piece of cod with a big spoonful of peach nectarine salsa.Make a side of asparagus with olive oil, lemon and salt and pepper and you are all set!