Looks like a perfect day to make a few Instapot meals with ingredients you probably have, if not alter a little, don’t have cheddar cheese, American works! I found this great new website, purewow.com with some yummy meals.
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
Instant pot mac and cheese takes all of the creamy goodness of homemade mac and cheese and turns it into a meal you can have on the table in under 30 minutes! I like to add breadcrumbs or bacon, orrr if you are reading ahead and have some extra short ribs….delish!!
- 2 1/2 cups dry macaroni noodles
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp onion power
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp seasoning salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbl spoon butter
- 3oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided)
- 2 tbl spoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Add dry macaroni noodles, water, onion powder, dry mustard, seasoning salt, pepper and butter to the instant pot.
- Set timer for 6 minutes on high pressure.
- Release pressure once completed, there will be water in the bottom – do not drain.
- Stir in the cream cheese to melt. Add the 1/4 cup milk slowly until blended.
Instant Pot Short Rib Ragu
- 2 lbs bone-in short ribs (or 1 lb boneless)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 25-oz jar store bought marinara/spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Turn instant pot on to the sauté setting. While it heats up, trim any excess fat from the short ribs, then pat dry with a paper towel. Generously season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to the Instant Pot. Add the short ribs to the hot oil and sear on all sides until brown. (The meat does not need to be fully cooked. Just browned.) Remove from pot and set aside.
- Onions, garlic, and wine: Use tongs & paper towel to remove any excess oil from the pot. Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes, scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pot. Pour wine in to deglaze (*sizzzles*) and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add short ribs, tomato sauce, salt and crushed red pepper to pot. Use 1/2 cup water to rinse out sauce jar and add to pot. Set Instant Pot to the stew/meat setting (35 mins). When it’s done, let it sit untouched for a natural steam release.
- I like to shred the meat while it’s in the instapot removing bones and any large pieces of fat. Then add to oven on broil for 5 minutes so gets crispy. Meanwhile, set the Instant Pot to sauté again to reduce/thicken the sauce. Skim any fat off top of sauce and add meat back in. Taste and add salt & pepper if needed. Yummmo!
- Add Cauliflower Gnocci (I like the Cappellos brand, since it’s Paleo Friendly!)Stir in the cheddar and parmesan cheese. Add the remaining 1/2 cup milk until the desired consistency is reached. You may not need the entire amount of milk.