I need to eat more fish and I think if I can make salmon a little more tasty, my husband won’t mind it as much. So I bought double the amount of salmon so I can add it to salads and have this meal twice because it sounded so good! We did hard boiled eggs this week, green smoothies, salads and sandwiches and energy bites for dessert.
Sheet Pan Maple Mustard Salmon & Veggies by Paleomg.
She’s my favorite – her cookbooks are very simple and she is hysterical!
- 1 bundle tri-color carrots, cut in half lengthwise (BJ’s has the orange ones and you get two bags, they are delish and great for grilling as well!)
- avocado oil spray
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch of garlic powder
- 1.5 pounds salmon, cut into filets
- 2 bunches of broccolini
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- red pepper flakes, for garnish
- torn cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place carrots on a baking sheet, spray with avocado oil spray and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes, until carrots have slightly softened.
- Turn carrots over to opposite side then add salmon, broccolini and mushrooms to the pan, and spray veggies with avocado oil spray. Top everything off with a bit of salt.
- In a bowl, mix together mustard, maple syrup, curry powder, and cayenne pepper. Top salmon filets with mixture. Place in the oven to bake for 10 more minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your preference.
- Top the sheet pan meal off with red pepper flakes, a bit of salt and pepper, and some cilantro!
Instapot Taco Soup
For the soup
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasonings
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 32 ounces chicken bone broth
- 1 cup diced green chiles
- 1 cup jalapeño cilantro salsa
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot)
For the garnishes
- sour cream or coconut sour cream
- sliced avocado
- diced green onions
- sliced jalapeño
- Place the basin in the 8 quart instant pot then press the sauté button on high. Add hot ground beef, break into pieces and cook until browned. Press the cancel button to turn off the sauté function.
- Top the ground beef with taco seasonings, salt, peppers, onion, broth, green chiles, salsa, and hot sauce. Mix to combined.
- Secure the lid of the instant pot, close off the pressure valve then press soup button and press the down button to 10 minutes.
- Once the time goes off, release the pressure then remove the lid and use a ladle to mix it all together.
Top each bowl of soup off with all the garnishes you like before serving!
I’ve been stopping at Aux Delices for a latte lately and I can’t help but buy energy bites. But it kills me because they are so easy and I can make so many and save some money, so while stalking Paleomg for this weeks recipes I found these –Tahini Honey Collagen Energy Bites they looked so good so I had to try them! Great snack to grab on the go! Enjoy!