Looking for something to do with all those strawberries you picked up at the farmer’s market or that you got while strawberry picking? Try making strawberry smash muffins! They’re perfect for on-the-go summer snacking! Not to mention, they’re quick, easy and delish.
1 2⁄3 cups fresh strawberries
2⁄3 cup sugar
1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Put a paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups, or grease just the bottoms of 12 muffin cups.
- Slightly smash strawberries in large bowl, using fork.
- Stir in sugar, oil and eggs until mixed.
- Stir in other ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown or toothpick poked in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen sides of muffins from pan if needed, and take them out of the pan.
- Makes 12 muffins.