This is the perfect Carrot Cake to bring to a party or make into cupcakes which is also healthy!
The Local Moms Network contributor, CatwithaK Cooks, is sharing this gluten, butter and oil-free healthy treat! Make it with the kids and then everyone can enjoy throughout the week!
Yield: 1 8×8 inch square cake
1 cups carrot, shredded
2 large eggs, whisked 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
1 cup almond flour
1 1⁄3 cups oat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1⁄2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
3⁄4 cup Monkfruit powdered sugar (or regular powdered sugar) 1⁄4 tsp Kosher salt
1/3 cup candied ginger, chopped, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line your pan with parchment and spray with baking spray.
3. In a large bowl, mix together carrots, eggs, and maple syrup and whisk to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt and whisk lightly with a fork. Add to wet ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the walnuts.
5. Bake for 28-32 minutes until the tester comes out clean. Let cool briefly in the pan and finish cooling completely on a rack before frosting.
To make the frosting – Beat together the butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar with a hand or stand mixer until smooth and fluffy. Spread over cooled cake and garnish with the candied ginger if using. Enjoy!