It’s almost officially summer and we love using the grill for anything possible. We have two ways here of grilling pizza, one from scratch or a quick way to still grill pizza and keep it healthy. We also use a lot of herbs from the garden; basil, oregano, rosemary, parsley, I think this is the reason we have a garden! We learned this recipe from Wicked Spatula who has a ton of amazing recipes!
Paleo Pizza Crust
- 1 cup Tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut flour
- 2 medium Eggs
- 1 cup Water
- Pinch Sea salt
– Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat on the stove top, until very hot. Pour in just a tiny bit of olive oil to grease the skillet unless it’s seasoned perfectly.
– Pour in half the crust mixture and allow to cook until the top begins to set and bubble. Flip and allow to cook until it begins to crisp up. It should be golden brown and crisp on the outside.
– Transfer to a plate and top with desired toppings. Repeat with remaining batter.
How To Make Paleo Pizza On The Grill
– Carefully transfer pizzas with toppings to the grill (the crusts are probably still a little pliable) and allow to cook about until the crust is crispy but not burnt and toppings are hot.
Paleo Pizza Crust Toppings
Oh, the toppings for this paleo pizza crust recipe are one of the best parts! Granted, the paleo pizza dough is so good you could eat it by itself, but we always want those toppings! I do add Almond Cheese so it is still dairy free, and I can’t tell the difference!
Here are some amazing paleo and dairy free options to try:
- Meat – Prosciutto, sausage, chicken, ground turkey or beef, bacon, or chorizo
- Vegetables – Onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach or any other veggies you like will make this tapioca flour pizza crust even more delicious.
- Seasonings – Oregano, basil, rosemary, or garlic powder are a few of my favorite choices.
- Eggs – Transform this paleo pizza dough into a paleo breakfast pizza! Scramble some eggs and add your favorite meat.
Another way to may a Paleo Pizza is buy the Cappello’s Naked Pizza Crust or the Cauliflower Pizza Crust from Trader Joe’s (not paleo) and add your own toppings and put on the grill for 10-12 minutes. I love to add Rao’s marinara sauce, Almond Milk Cheese and Grilled Eggplant!