It’s the start of summer this weekend and it’s one of my favorites. Any American holiday I love and any chance to wear red, white and blue!
We like to keep it easy over here for BBQ’s and go with a few easy staple items. I love bringing chips and guac and salsa, and some carrots to try to be a little healthy. Our friend Kate makes these amazing buffalo balls so we got the recipe for you and I always bring a Flag Cake!
– 5 Ripe Avocados
– Chopped Tomatoes
– Handful of Cilantro
– Diced Shallots
– Diced Tomatoes
– Salt and Pepper and Garlic Powder
– Lime Juice
Put all these ingredients in a Mortar (Looks more authentic in here!) and mash together. Add the lime juice to keep it green and I like to keep the avocado pit in there as well. I serve with Siete Paleo Chips, regular tortilla Chips and Carrots!
I do love the salsa from the store, more a pico, but this is so simple it’s hard not to throw in the blender and make yourself!
– Pint of grape tomatoes
– Chopped up half of red onion
– Handful of Cilantro
– Olive Oil
– Franks Red Hot
These are a big hit in our neighborhood. Anytime there is a “happy hour” our friend Kate brings these and they are the only thing that is completely gone within minutes of coming out! Anytime you just add all the ingredients together it’s a recipe for me!
– 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1/3 cup Frank’s Wing sauce (not the hot sauce)
– 1 pound ground chicken
– 8 oz of Blue cheese crumbles
– 1 large egg
– 1 celery stalk, minced
– 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
– 1/4 cup panko crumbs (You can also substitute the bread crumbs with rice cauliflower but maybe use 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs)
– 1 teaspoon salt
– Preheat the oven to 450°F.
– Drizzle the vegetable oil into a 9 x 13- inch baking dish and use your hand to evenly coat the entire surface. Set aside.
– Combine the ground chicken, wing sauce, egg, celery, bread crumbs, panko, blue cheese crumbles and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix by hand until thoroughly incorporated.
– Roll the mixture into round, small balls, making sure to pack the meat firmly.
– Place the balls in the prepared baking dish Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the meatballs are crispy
Serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese and Enjoy!
If you invite me over for any American holiday you bet I am bringing a flag cake! So easy, and so fun!
Funfetti Cake buy the mix and make it! Let it cool.
Cool Whip the top of it
Add Blueberries in the left corner as the stars
Cut the strawberries and line as the stripes