Choosing the right school for our children is a big decision and we know that it can feel overwhelming as you consider the learning environment, school philosophies and curriculum that best suit your child. The 2022 Private School Guide is a list of Private Schools right here in Fairfield and in our surrounding local towns. Learn more about these schools, as well as gather information about their upcoming open houses! Any questions or if you are interested in having your local private school included – email us at [email protected]
575 White Plains Road
Trumbull, CT 06611
About our school: Christian Heritage School is rated one of the top ten best private schools in Connecticut by Niche.com. In addition to receiving an extraordinary academic education that is biblically based, students build character by deepening their spiritual life, participating in competitive athletics, and developing their unique talents through the many arts programs. To learn more, visit our Open House on October 22nd at 2pm.
- Saturday, October 22nd at 2pm – 4pm
- Come meet with faculty and staff at every grade level and across all disciplines of study. Student guides, current parents, and administrators will also introduce you to a variety of extra-curricular programs available at CHS through tours. A presentation from our Head of School will provide insight into the heart and vision behind the robust academic program and the strong community of CHS.
660 Morehouse Road
Easton, CT 06612
About our school: Easton Country Day is a small, coed PreK – 12 private school which is open full time this fall!We are operating under all government standards for safety. ECDS uses its small size and a unique, individual educational approach to ensure each child not only achieves academic excellence in a safe and loving environment, but also learns those skills necessary to be a caring and responsible citizen.We build a relationship with each child.We promote excellence in individual academic achievement in the context of our motto “Responsibility, Integrity, Community – Praxis.” This, and our innovative scheduling methods, gives us the flexibility to place children in classes that fit their academic and social needs and to respond rapidly to change and growth in each child.ECDS offers rigorous academics shaped to the individual child in a familial environment that encourages accomplishment, responsibility and acceptance of diversity.We offer programs for the highly gifted, and we emphasize the fine arts.We teach children how to learn, preparing them for life beyond school.
- Please reach out to Admissions for any questions.
2970 Bronson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
About our school: Fairfield Country Day School is a private all-boys school that prepares K-9 boys to face the everyday challenges and pivotal turning points of their lifetime with confidence, courage and compassion. FCDS is where young boys prepare to become leaders who Meet the Moment; high-achieving men of civility, dignity and honor who turn their purpose and passions into impact, choose a greater good over personal gain, and rise to every occasion with confidence, courage and compassion. Here, those moments could be an everyday event like delivering a speech, or a pivotal turning point like learning to accept defeat with deference and grace.
- Admission Open House:
- Sunday, November 6th, 1pm – 3pm
Green Farms Academy
35 Beachside Ave
Westport, CT 06880
About our school: At Greens Farms Academy (GFA) we empower students to do the hard, thrilling, essential work of shaping their own world, of building their own future. Our over 700 PreK–12 students come from 23 towns in Fairfield and Westchester counties and form an inclusive community that plays on 64 interscholastic athletic teams, participates in a robust service-learning program, and aspires to live by our school’s motto, “Each for All.” GFA cultivates curiosity and prepares students for an evolving world. And, this shifting reality is a challenge our school and community are fortunately well-positioned to tackle. Since 1925, Greens Farms Academy has graduated thousands of compassionate, enterprising, broad-minded women and men – people with the courage and vision to build a better tomorrow.
- Admission Info: Open House and admission info can be found at www.gfacademy.org/admission or see below:
- October 13: PreK-4 Open House, 9:30am – 11am (adults only, please)
- October 23: Grades 5-12 Open House, 1pm – 3pm
- October 23: PreK & K GFA Explore Day, 9:30am -10:30am
- December 7: PreK-4 Open House, 830am-10am (adults only, please)
- Regular Coffee and Conversation in-person information sessions take prospective families through GFA, topic by topic, and are offered throughout the fall. Visit the website for the full schedule.
986 Forest Road
New Haven, CT 06515
About our school: Set Your Curiosity Free. Hopkins School students are curious – they love to think and learn. Here each day, at the nation’s third oldest independent school, high-achieving students come to learn with an intellectual passion, challenging one another in a collective pursuit of excellence.
- Small classes average just 12 students. More National Merit Scholar finalists than any other school in Connecticut, public or private.
- A team of professional and experienced College Counselors lead our very successful college process See our matriculation list
- Hopkins students are gifted scholars, but they are also talented leaders, athletes, artists, entrepreneurs and more.
- Students of color comprise almost 50% percent of our diverse, inclusive Hopkins family.
- A dedicated faculty who are experts in their fields and love teaching and sharing their expertise with students
Open House: Please join us at Hopkins School for a virtual academic experience and a campus tour!
- Admission Info:
- Saturday, October 22nd-Academic Day-Department Chairs lead a lively webinar and curriculum introduction (virtual)
- Sunday, October 23rd –Visit campus for a student-led tour, meet current parents and enjoy a walk around our 108 acre campus in New Haven.
- Spaces are limited and reservations are required. Please register online at the Virtual Admission Center .
- If you can’t join us in October, please contact us or visit the Virtual Admission Center for other times to visit and to apply to Hopkins.
834 Brookside Drive
Fairfield, CT 06824
About our school: Hunt Ridge Montessori School is located in the heart of Fairfield offering a traditional high-quality Montessori education to children between the ages of 2 years nine months through six years old. With our Montessori trained teachers, a proven curriculum and an environment that challenges the mind and sparks creativity, our program is the first stepping stone in creating a lifelong love of learning. Please visit our website, email us or call the school office to inquire more about our programs and schedule a tour of our school.
- Contact the school to set up a private tour to see the school and learn more about our programs
Notre Dame High School
220 Jefferson Street
About our school: Notre Dame prides itself on a strong academic program that challenges students and encourages them to develop critical thinking skills. Our students leave here prepared for college and the world beyond. Fueled by intellectual curiosity and a strong sense of ethics, they’re ready to learn, ready to serve, and ready to lead.
Entrance Exam: Saturday, October 29th at 8:00 am and Saturday, November 12th at 8:00 am
Please join us for an 8:15 a.m. Information Session and tour for parents on either date
Contact: 203-372-6521 | Karen Guastelle, Director of Admissions
1 Sylvan Road North
Westport, CT 06880
About our school: Pierrepont School is a small co-educational K-12th independent school located in Westport, CT. Our program offers rigorous classes taught by specialists in their fields and small class sizes. We focus on breadth and depth of course offerings for grades K to 12. Our teachers are passionate scholars in their fields, our students are curious, willing to engage with complexity and are unafraid of learning.
For more information on our admissions process please contact a member of our admissions team at [email protected]or schedule a tour at www.pierrepontschool.org/admissions
34 Whipple Road
Wilton, CT 06897
About our school: As you make important decisions at this stage in your child’s development and education you will want to learn more about our program. Experience the difference that IS Seven Acres Montessori . Our philosophy is based on individualized, whole-child learning with highly trained and experienced teachers. The curriculum masterfully and cohesively inter-connects the social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth and well-being of the whole child through project based, experiential learning in a small classroom setting and supportive environment designed to meet the specific needs of each student. Seven Acres Montessori is a non-profit school committed to educating children 14 months through eighth grade, accredited by both The Association Montessori Internationale and The Connecticut Association of Independent Schools.
- Prospective families are invited to learn more about our program and Admissions, Before and After School Programs and Variable Tuition by registering for a Thursday morning Virtual Information Event https://www.sevenacresmontessori.org/admissions/forms or emailing [email protected].
St. Luke’s School
377 North Wilton Road
New Canaan, CT 06840
About our school: St Luke’s is a secular (non-religious) private school in New Canaan, CT, for grades 5-12. St. Luke’s mission is to provide an exceptional education that inspires a deep love of learning, a strong moral compass, the commitment to serve, and the confidence to lead. Our engaging programs and diverse co-educational community inspire excellence, foster intellectual and ethical development, and prepare students to thrive at top colleges, universities, and beyond.
- Sunday, October 23, 11:00am-1:00pm for Middle School and 2:00pm-4:00pm for Upper School
- November 9, 9:15-11:00am – Middle School
- November 16, 9:15-11:00am – Upper School
- November 30, 9:15-11:00am – Both divisions
- December 7, 9:15-11:00am – Both divisions
- January 4, 9:15-11:00am – Both divisions
- January 25, 9:15-11:00am – Middle School
1719 Post Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
About our school: St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School welcomes children from Pre-K3 through 8th grade into a faith filled, nurturing environment with a community of families and faculty who are committed to helping our children to reach their full potential and become life-long learners. As creative, critical thinkers our graduates will be prepared to meet the demands of a changing world as self-confident, aware young men and women of faith and values.
- Fall Open House
Sunday, October 16, 2022 – 10am – 12pm
- Catholic Schools Week Open House for all Grades PreK to 8th:
Sunday, January 29, 2023 10am – 12pm
981 Stratfield Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
About our school: The Unquowa School is an independent, co-educational, PreK – 8th Grade school located in Fairfield, CT. Founded in 1917, the school’s mission is “…to develop, educate, and prepare our family of children with an unafraid spirit to achieve their personal best in a changing world.” Our graduates move on to high school with a love of learning, strong character and a deep confidence in their power to understand and make a difference in the larger world.