Easter baskets, bunny crafts, colorful eggs filled with candy…Easter is a little over two weeks away!! So with that in mind, we’ve rounded up a full list of activities and where to go for Easter Egg Hunts for the kids, and where to see The Easter Bunny in person for some memorable photos! HURRY though – some hunts are already sold out!
- Egg Extravaganza & Egg Hunt @Stew Leonard’s
- March 24th – 25th
- Stew Leonard’s invites children aged 8 and younger to join the farm fresh food store’s annual Easter Egg-Stravaganza! The event is free, but tickets are required.
- **As of 3/18 both dates are sold out!
- Flashlight Egg Hunt @Wakeman Boys & Girls Club (Southport)
- Friday, March 26th | 6:45pm – 8:15pm
- Grades K – 5. Music, Games, Prizes & more! $10 per member | Members only
- Forest Easter Egg Adventure @Stamford Museum & Nature Center (Stamford)
- Friday, March 26th – 28th | Friday, April 2nd – 3rd
- Join us for the return of our popular Forest Egg Adventure on our Wheels in the Woods trail. This year we’ve added even more sessions! A maximum of 25 kids per session ensures a fun, safe event for all. Participants can check in anytime within the first half hour of their registered session. We’ll start the hunt on our trails where kids can gather eggs in the woods, then return back to the Wheels in the Woods picnic area, where we’ll get to meet some live animals! Kids will turn in their found eggs and get to take home a craft and choose a prize from our awesome choices of stuffed animals, science kits, craft activities, and more! Program will run rain or shine (rain plan will be e-mailed to participants if needed).
- Members: $20 per child; 1 free adult | Non-members: $25 per child; 1 free adult
- **As of 3/18 all sessions are sold out!
- Spring Egg Hunt @Lachat Farm (Weston)
- Saturday, March 27th – 28th
- We have vowed to bring back our beloved Egg Hunt in 2021. Families will book time slots, with a limit of 20 children per slot. Children will search the huge meadow for eggs, meet our new goats and bunnies, and leave with a wonderful craft kit prepared by the Weston Girl Scouts to enjoy at home. In addition, each child will turn his/her eggs in for an exciting prize.
- Must pre- register. $22 per child
- **As of 3/18 all sessions are sold out!
- The Great Egg Hunt & Spring Celebration @New Canaan Nature Center
- Thursday, April 1st – Saturday, April 3rd (rain or shine)
- Perfect for children, ages 2-10, our egg hunts are designed for smaller groups (approximately 25 per hunt). In addition to the hunt, enjoy an animal meet & greet and self-guided spring scavenger hunt. Just BYOB (bring your own basket) for collecting eggs (which contain nature-themed prizes and nut-free sweets).
- Registration is required (some hunts SOLD OUT)! Members $10 / Non Members $15
- FairfieldMoms Easter Egg Hunt @Silverman’s Farm (Easton)
- Friday, April 2nd | 10am – 1pm
- Ages 2 – 10yrs old. Must RSVP prior to event. All participants over the age of 2 must wear a mask. Max of 50 per time slot & one parent per family during the egg hunt. We have moved the egg hunt to a BIGGER field at Silverman’s! BYOB (bring your own BASKET) and wear BOOTS (it gets muddy).
- We will have a Food Truck, yummy goodies from Shaggy Coos and Silverman’s Farm, swag bags, raffle prizes & much more! Cost is $10 per family. We will be hosting 3 egg hunts – please RSVP (per family) for ONE time slot only.
- **As of 3/18 this event is SOLD OUT!!
- Egg Hunt @Connecticut Audubon Society
- Saturday, April 3rd | 9:30am – 2pm
- The annual Egg Hunt is back! Egg-citement is building for this favorite spring tradition, with four times to choose from: 9:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. The Egg Hunt includes fun-filled family activities, socially distanced visits with a special bunny, snacks and a spring take-home craft. Don’t forget to bring your camera and a basket!
- Members $10/child, $6/adult; Non-members $15/child, $6/adult.
- Registration is required (some hunts are SOLD OUT!)
- Annual Egg Scramble @Everwonder Children’s Museum (Newtown)
- Saturday, April 3rd | 9am – 8pm
- Join us for an egg hunt and Flashlight hunt! We will have two age groups: 4 and under and 5+. There will be three egg drops at 10:30am, 12pm, 1:30pm. The flashlight hunt kicks off at 7:30pm.
- Registration required – ends 3/27!
- EGGstravaganza @Wakeman Town Farm (Westport)
- Saturday, April 3rd | 9am – 10:30am
- Egg hunt that begins at 9:15 a.m. (BYO Easter Basket!). Each child will hunt for eggs and then turn them in for a special treat bag from BD Provisions. Coffee (BYO cup), Lawn Games (egg roll, egg toss), Story Time, Photos with the “Big Bunnies”, animal encounters. Visit our Farm animals, including our furry alpacas.
- **As of 3/18 currently SOLD OUT!
**Some local Churches also have Easter Egg Hunts after Church Service on Sunday, April 4th. Reach out to your Church for more information if available.
Meet The Easter Bunny
- Bunny Breakfast & Lunch Trail @Essex Steam Train
- March 27th | April 2nd & 3rd
- Hippity Hop aboard the Essex Steam Train Saturday March 27 and Friday April 2 & Saturday April 3 of Easter Weekend, for Bunny Breakfast and Bunny Lunches aboard our vintage Pullman dining cars, pulled by our antique diesel locomotive. Families will delight in a spring train ride through the beautiful Connecticut River Valley as they enjoy a family style platter of breakfast or lunch items suitable for all ages (2+)
- Tickets here!
- Easter Eggspress @Connecticut Trolley Museum (East Windsor)
- Saturday, March 27th – 28th | Friday, April 2nd – 3rd
- 11am – 3pm
- Motorwoman Cotton-Tail will be roaming the grounds and posing for pictures distantly from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. Each child will receive an Easter egg with a surprise inside when they complete a Scavenger Hunt, make a Bunny Ear Craft, and visit the Fire Truck Museum. Earn up to three surprise-filled eggs!
- Purchase tickets prior!
- Bunny Bundles Drive-Thru Event @Penfield Pavilion (Fairfield)
- Thursday, April 1st
- Bring the kiddos to Penfield Pavilion for a drive by visit with the Easter Bunny & receive the supplies for an At Home Egg Hunt Kit! Register now for your time slot to pick up your Bunny Bundles & come wave hello to the Easter Bunny & friends! Pre-Registration is required!
- Meet the Easter Bunny @Bass Pro Shops
- 2021 Meet the Easter Bunny is happening – waiting on details to be posted!
Easter Parties & Crafts
- Easter Mini Wood Projects @AR Workshop (Fairfield)
- Saturday, March 27th and Saturday April 3rd | 12pm – 3pm
Join us for a family-friendly DIY WALK IN session to make a totally kid-friendly mini project for just $5-$15 each! At the workshop, choose from a variety of Easter Designs. This is a WALK IN event. Space is limited. Walk in hours are from 12:00pm-3:00pm.
- Pottery To Go @Hands on Pottery (Fairfield)
- Easter Pottery or Easter Eggs to go!
- FREE Delivery is available for anyone in Fairfield, Darien, Trumbull, Westport, New Canaan, Norwalk, Stamford, Bridgeport and Easton daily. You can expect your order to be sent out for delivery within 24-48 hours. ($50 minimum per order.) Each kit ranges in price. Kid Shelf To Go items are $29 each.
If you know of any other Easter related events going on that you would like us to add to our calendar of events, please reach out to us at [email protected]