Now that the baby is here it’s time to start feeding them! For all those Breast Feeding Mama’s it is not an easy task but there are recipes to help you prepare and help with your milk supply! All so good you wouldn’t think they’d be considered Lactation Recipes!
Freeze ahead of time or make for your next expecting friend!
Warning – Keep away from other’s – You need them more!!
1 cup of old-fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup of honey
1/2 tablespoon Brewer’s Yeast
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Mix everything together and roll into balls and refrigerate for them to last longer!
Little fun fact about lactation cookies-any cookie can be considered lactation cookie if you add brewer’s yeast, oats and flax seeds!
- 1/2 cup butter (you can use organic virgin coconut oil instead if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (if you want to reduce sugar, you could try just 1/2 cup)
- 1 egg (applesauce is a great substitute for egg – our fans suggest using 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional, for flavour)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2-3 tablespoons of water (depends on how moist you prefer the cookies to be)
- 1 cup self raising wholemeal flour (if you have plain flour, add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional, for flavour)
- 1-2 tablespoons of brewers yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups organic oats
OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar, then add the egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flaxseed and water, let them sit for a few minutes before adding to mix.
- Add the dry ingredients (apart from the oats and your additional ingredients) and mix well again.
- Stir in the oats and your additional ingredients (chocolate chips etc).
- Using a dessert spoon, scoop the mixture into your hand and roll it into a ball.
- Place the biscuits onto a lightly greased tray or line the tray with baking paper. Flatten them a little with your fingers or a spatula. If you like a soft centre, don’t squash them down too much.
- Bake the lactation cookies for around 10-12 minutes, depending on how well cooked or crunchy you like your biscuits.
Super Purple Lactation Smoothie
1 Large Banana
1 Cup of Blueberries
1 Cup of Strawberries
1 Tsp of Flax Meal
1 Tsp of Brewer’s Yeast
Drizzle of Honey
Handful of Spinach
1 Heaping Tablespoon of Plain Greek Yogurt
Combine all ingredients in your favorite blender, blend until smooth and ENJOY!