How many of you ordered an Instant Pot on Black Friday or Cyber Monday? It is by far my favorite kitchen appliance and we use it so often, well worth the money sale or not! These recipes from Delish.com really are easy and delicious!
Chicken Noodle Soup
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Juice of 1/4 lemon (optional)
Sometimes you can find all of this chopped to go to make it even easier!
- Turn Instant Pot to Sauté setting. Heat oil, then add onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add bay leaves if using, then add chicken breasts and season generously with salt and pepper. Add broth and water and close lid. Set Instant Pot to Soup setting and set timer for 7 minutes.
- When cooking is complete and air has been naturally released from Instant Pot, carefully remove lid and use tongs to remove chicken breasts onto a plate or cutting board. Using two forks, shred chicken, then return chicken to pot. Remove bay leaves and add egg noodles. Return Instant Pot to Sauté setting and cook, uncovered, until noodles are cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Turn off Instant Pot and stir in pepper flakes and lemon juice if using. Ladle into bowls and top with parsley and more black pepper before serving.
Pot Roast and Potatoes
Freshly ground black pepper
- Season chuck roast generously with salt and pepper. Turn Instant Pot to Sauté setting, set for 15 minutes, and heat oil. When oil is shimmering, add beef and cook until seared on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove beef then add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, herbs, and tomato paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in flour, then whisk in wine until combined. Bring to boil and cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, potatoes, and carrots and 1 tablespoon salt and a bunch of freshly ground black pepper. Place beef on top of mixture. Lock lid and set to pressure cook on high for 1 hour.
- Follow manufacturer’s guide for quick release, making sure to wait until cycle is complete before unlocking and removing lid. Let beef rest in sauce for at 10 minutes.
- Slice roast against grain.
Mac and Cheese
- Add macaroni, water, butter, salt, mustard, and paprika to the bowl of your Instant Pot. Secure lid, and set to manual on high pressure. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Follow manufacturer’s guide for quick release, making sure to wait until cycle is complete before unlocking and removing lid. Stir in evaporated milk and cheeses and stir until melted and fully combined. Season with salt and pepper before serving.