Are you all on the Instapot train yet? I figure with all the recipes I post using it you would finally give in! I saw them at a great price at Kitchen Corner on Black Rock Turnpike, and they take Bed Bath and Beyond coupons! I found some great easy recipes on Brit & Co and have loved everything I’ve tried!
Insta Pot Beef Stew
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or butter)
- 2 pounds stew beef cut into bite-sized pieces and sprinkled with garlic salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 16 ounce container cremini mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 quart beef broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 bay leaves
- thickener of your choice like cornstarch, arrowroot, potato starch, (optional)
- parsley, to garnish
Set the Instant Pot to sauté. Melt ghee, then working in batches, sauté the meat for 2-3 minutes, turning every minute so all sides are browned. Transfer meat to a plate and set aside.
Add onion and sauté, scraping up the brown bits. Sprinkle salt over onion and allow to caramelize. If mixture becomes too dry, add splashes of the beef broth. Once fully caramelized, cancel sauté.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot. Cover and lock lid into place. Select meat/stew function, or set the IP to pressure cook on high for 35 minutes.
Once fully cooked, allow for a natural pressure release (about 30 minutes).
If it’s too soupy, scoop out a little broth. Whisk in the thickener of your choice until no clumps remain. Then stir it into the soup. If it’s still not thick enough, repeat until the desired texture is reached. Season with more garlic salt to taste. Add some parsley and enjoy!
Instapot Tuscan White Bean Soup
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 2 cups chopped leek, white and light green parts only
- 2 cups diced carrot
- 1 1/2 cups diced zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 15 ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 28 ounce can diced San Marzano tomatoes
- 4 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning herb mix
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, left whole (optional)
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, shredded
- 1/2 bunch fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- thinly sliced rounds of lemon, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine the celery, onion, leek, carrot, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, beans, tomatoes, stock, dried Italian herbs, and whole Italian sausage links, if using.
2. Close and seal the Instant Pot, and set for five minutes on high of the “Manual” setting.
3. Let pressure release naturally. Remove sausage links, if using, and slice into bite-size pieces. Replace pieces into the soup.
4. Stir the shredded kale, parsley, and chopped lemon into the soup. Season to taste and serve hot.