No idea how I haven’t posted this recipe ever when its a staple over here since we love pizza but can’t be eating pizza every night! This way is a healthy version and makes enough for a few days from my favorite Paleo Blogger Paleomg! We add bacon to it since it’s my daughter and husbands favorite and also some shredded almond milk cheese on top! And then I found this sweet and spicy meatloaf recipe which OMG I want to make and eat right now!! Enjoy!
ALMOST 5 INGREDIENT PIZZA SPAGHETTI PIE
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup pizza sauce (no sugar added)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, whisked
- (optional: add anything you like with pizza: veggies, basil, even cheese!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the skin of the squash gives when you press on it. Then reduce oven heat to 350 degrees. The best was is to put in the instapot, cut in half, little water at the bottom, olive oil, and cook for 15 minutes! Pulls apart better then it ever did in the oven!
- Once squash is done cooking, remove threads and place in a greased 8×8 baking dish.
At the same time place a large pan over medium heat. Add Italian sausage and onion. Cook until pink no longer remains in the sausage and it is broken up into pieces.
- Add pizza sauce, dried basil and salt and pepper to the pan and mix well.
- Add sausage mixture to the 8×8 dish and mix well with spaghetti squash threads.
- Lastly, add whisked eggs to the baking dish and mix everything together until you can no longer see the eggs.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour or until the top of the mixture forms a slight crust that doesn’t give when you press on it in the middle of the dish.
- Take out and let it cool for a bit!
INSTANT POT SWEET & SPICY GARLIC HERB MEATLOAF
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small sweet onion, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1 cup bone broth
For the sweet & spicy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the broiler
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee
- pinch of sea salt
For the garnish
- sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together beef, pork, garlic, onion, pepper, herbs, almond flour, ketchup, mustard, egg, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper until completely combined.
- Use a sharp knife to poke a hole in every fingerling potato. Place the basin inside the instant pot then add the fingerling potatoes in the bottom. Pour 1 cup of bone broth on top of the potatoes along with a pinch of salt then place the instant pot rack on top of potatoes (the rack that comes with the instant pot).
Place two long pieces of foil on top of each other (like a plus sign) then place the meatloaf mixture in the middle and shape into a loaf that will fit inside the instant pot. Roll up the sides of the foil to create a basket shape holder around the meatloaf then place in the instant pot on top of the rack.
- Secure the lid, close off the pressure valve, turn on and press manual to high pressure and press the up button until the time hits 30 minutes. The instant pot will have to come to pressure then the time will begin.
- While meatloaf cooks, turn on the broiler. Then, place all ingredients for the sweet & spicy sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat and let reduce for 10-15 minutes, until thick and darker in color.
- Once the time is up, quick release by turning the valve slowly to vent for a few seconds before opening up the vent completely. Once it is done venting, the float valve will drop.
- Remove meatloaf and place on a baking sheet. Then strain the potatoes from the liquid and place on the baking sheet with meatloaf. Brush melted ghee on top of the potatoes and sprinkle with salt. Then brush on 1/2 the sweet & spicy sauce on top of the meatloaf. Place meatloaf and potatoes under the broiler for 5 minutes.
- Top meatloaf with green onions, slice and serve alongside the crispy fingerling potatoes and the extra sauce on the side.