Good news for this week, no red meat! You never know how much red meat you eat until you write down your recipes!
This week”s menus include hard boiled eggs, shredded chicken for lunch, smashed sweet potatoes as a side, sticky chicken and turkey meatballs. I did all the shopping again on Friday and cooked everything Sunday morning and it only took a little over an hour! Boiled a dozen eggs and put a few pieces of raw chicken in the Instapot to shred. The sticky chicken was on the stove top and the meatballs went in the oven. Love when everything has a place!
Honey Lemon Sticky Chicken
I took the Honey Lemon Sticky Chicken recipe from Paleomg.com recipe not on the website but in her cookbook (which is a great one and I use weekly!) Also remember the time when cauliflower rice came out and we would grate it to cook with it? Thank god for frozen cauliflower rice!
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 sweet onion, minced
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 lb boneless, skinless ckn cut in cubes (I used meat scissors)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
For the sauce
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp coconut aminos
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp Sriracha
1 bag of frozen cauliflower rice
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
diced up scallions
1. Melt the coconut oil over medium, add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
2. Season the chicken with salt and garlic powder, then add to the pan, brown on all sides, then remove from the pan.
3. In another bowl, whisk all the sauce ingredients together, then add to the pan on medium heat. Stir occasionally, but let it thicken up.
4. After about 10-15 minutes, add the chicken and keep in there to coat the chicken as it browns up.
5. Serve over cauliflower rice and garnish with sesame seeds, black pepper and scallions if you want!
I actually did about 2 pounds of chicken and did a little extra ingredients since I want to have extra and this looked delish! I’ll add this to my salads this week since my husband added BBQ sauce to the shredded chicken, so he can take that. Also, most of the ingredients I use, you will end up having on hand as well since they seem to be the same things in most recipes. For this I only needed the chicken and the onion!
Simple to make and I plan on having tonight with spaghetti squash, as well as on Friday night on a Cappellos pizza I bought. I only buy when they are on sale! They have great paleo friendly items that we love; fettuccine, gnocchi, pizza and cookie dough (not tasting this because I know it will become a weekly item to buy!)
1 lb ground turkey
1 large egg
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together, best to do with hands
3. Make into balls and put on lined or sprayed cookie sheets
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, flip half way through
In the Instapot, cut the spaghetti squash in half, little salt and pepper and oil olive and press 15 minutes. The Instapot makes the spaghetti squash so quick and so easy to pull apart. I will add Rao’s Marinara sauce when warming this up tonight, it’s our favorite and didn’t feel like making homemade sauce!
While the instapot was out, I had sweet potatoes that would have probably gone bad next week, so we made these Smashed Sweet Potatoes from Nesting With Grace. My husband finished these up after getting them out of the Instapot and they seemed a little mushy but the sauce/spices on them were amazing. I think we will try again to make them crispier next time, but they are still delish!
For a sweet we have strawberries and coconut whipped cream, not the same as the brownies but 🙂
This weeks recipes were so easy and delicious so I hope you enjoy!