There’s no secret I really enjoy recipes from Paleomg. They are simple, healthy and delish and anytime the Instapot is used I am happy 🙂 Also anytime I can make enough for a few meals…sign me up!
Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Pesto Soup
- 2 (28 ounce) cans of whole, peeled San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bag of frozen cauliflower
- 1 (32 ounce) container of chicken bone broth
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto – plus extra for garnish
- 1-2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- basil leaves, for garnish
- Place all ingredients in an instant pot, secure the lid, close off the pressure valve and press the Soup button and press down to 15 minutes.
- Once it is done cooking, release the pressure valve with a natural release or a quick release. Once you remove the lid, use an immersion blender to blend the soup until completely smooth. Taste to see if the soup needs any extra salt or pepper.
- Garnish the soup with extra basil extra and basil leaves!
- Make a grilled cheese to dip in it 🙂
Instant Pot Taco Soup15 minutes20 minutes35 minutes
For the soup
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasonings
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 32 ounces chicken bone broth
- 1 cup diced green chiles
- 1 cup jalapeño cilantro salsa
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot)
For the garnishes
- sour cream or coconut sour cream
- sliced avocado
- diced green onions
- sliced jalapeño
- Place the basin in the 8 quart instant pot then press the sauté button on high. Add hot ground beef, break into pieces and cook until browned. Press the cancel button to turn off the sauté function.
- Top the ground beef with taco seasonings, salt, peppers, onion, broth, green chiles, salsa, and hot sauce. Mix to combined.
- Secure the lid of the instant pot, close off the pressure valve then press soup button and press the down button to 10 minutes.
- Once the time goes off, release the pressure then remove the lid and use a ladle to mix it all together.
- Top each bowl of soup off with all the garnishes before serving!