The weather is supposed to be so crummy all week so you just want warm comfort food but still healthy just in case you eat it all! These recipes I took from Paleo Running Momma who is a great resource for delicious recipes to feed the soul especially when working out, juggling motherhood and trying to do it all!
Green Smoothies I always say are a staple in this house, so much so that my 2 year old drinks them and has been since she was able to hold them up. I think she actually likes her “moothies”. They are some days our breakfast and some days a snack to hold us over till we get to breakfast. I changed it up a bit for a few ingredients I am trying to add to my diet and still taste good! I always use all organic ingredients and just eye it, I don’t measure out ingredients just throw things in a blender. Honestly anything you can throw in a blender makes the morning so much smoother and adding the greens is a good way to hide the healthy stuff if your kids don’t eat them normally!
Handful of Kale
Handful of spinach
Blend all together and enjoy! Great kid reusable pouches sold here
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken
Throw it all in and walk away! Add a side dish or make some tacos!
3 pounds organic chicken breast
2 cups diced tomatoes
2-4 pitted dates
3 cloves garlic
1 small yellow onion peeled and quartered or 1/2 a large yellow onion3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
6 oz tomato paste
1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil
- In a large slow cooker arrange the chicken breasts and drizzle with the avocado oil.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until all of the ingredients are well chopped. Pour over the chicken, spooning the sauce over all exposed chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
Saute the meat with the ghee/oil on the stovetop
Put the beef in the instapot, and add all the other ingredients, press the sauté button for 20 mins
- Using two forks, shred the chicken.
- Enjoy!Stuffed Pepper Soup
comforting, healthy and mainly…EASY! I actually used ground chicken meat since I am trying to stay away from read meat, so use what you like!Ingredients
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 Tbsp Ghee or other cooking fat
- 1 med onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 bell peppers Chopped
- 3 cups bone broth beef, chicken, or whatever you prefer
- 15 oz can tomato sauce no salt added
- 3/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 2 cups cauliflower “rice”
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
-Saute the meat in a pan on the stove with the olive oil or ghee until chopped up and brown
-Add all the ingredients into the Instapot and saute for 30 mins
-Thats it! Enjoy!