Need a simple weeknight recipe? Marinade recipes, like this one from Layla Lisiewski, CEO and co-founder of The Local Moms Network, are a true timesaver. “I use surgical gloves for my hands, plastic wrap for the counter and Ziploc bags for marinating the chicken, for zero clean up!” says Layla.
She loves these Mediterranean flavors of lemon, garlic, capers, and parsley, but also does the same marinade “cacciatore style”. “For that variation, use chicken thighs with crushed tomato, olives, oregano, onion, garlic, EVOO, thyme, bell peppers, mushrooms and red wine,” suggests Layla.
Check out the simple recipe below (serves 6), which she serves with garlic aioli and a simple tomato/cucumber/olive salad.
4 lbs boneless skinless chicken tenders
1/2 cup EVOO
Juice of 2 lemons
8 garlic cloves smashed
2.5 tbsp dried oregano
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1. Place chicken on plastic wrap, dry with paper towel, and remove tendons.
2. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and place in Ziploc bag (I use scissors).
3. Mix all marinade ingredients together and pour over chicken. Massage the bag to get all the chicken coated and let out all of the air out of the bag before sealing.
4. Marinate 4-6 hours or overnight.
5. Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
6. Skewer the marinated chicken
7. Grill skewers 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked through.
This post originally appeared on our parent site, The Local Moms Network