These cookies look so good I cannot wait to make this week! Baking is something we love to do in our house, especially since last March so these Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Cookies from The Local Moms Network contributor CatwithaK Cooks is perfect for us. Without any added sugar and with plenty of fiber, they make a great breakfast for busy mornings!
makes 16 – 20 cookies
3 large, ripe bananas, well mashed
1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted (or vegetable oil) 1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups old fashioned oats
1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
2⁄3 cup blanched almond flour
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon Kosher salt
6 ounces dark chocolate chunks (or chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the bananas, egg, oil, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the oats, coconut, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt with a fork.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix with a rubber spatula until it is combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks so they are evenly distributed. The dough will be a bit loose, don’t worry about that, they will come together.
- Using an ice cream scoop or two tablespoons, scoop out your cookies onto lined baking sheets. I fit 6-8 on each of mine and cooked in batches.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until golden on top and browned on the bottoms.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack and enjoy!